I have been a huge fan of Pixar since I first heard of them in high school. I missed my chance to invest in them before Toy Story was released. I look back at the small fortune that could have been made had I done that, but I have learned things happen for a reason. Anyway, I have enjoyed all of their movies that have been released, and am eagerly awaiting the release of Toy Story 3 in June. Now the most recent film, "Up", impressed me on a whole new level. The story was so complete, the animation so incredibly detailed that I went around running around saying it should be up for "Best Picture" Academy Award. How tickled pink was I when the nomination list came out this week, and sure enough, "Up" was nominated for "Best Picture"!! Most people think it doesn't deserve the nomination being only an animated film, but they haven't realized the Joys of Pixar's incredible mastery. Fortunately, I have. So this list will be my 13 favorite quotes or moments from Pixar movies. Hope you enjoy it!
1) "You are a TOY!" "You are a sad strange little man, and you have my pity... Farewell!"
2) During the out-takes on Toy Story 2, the clip of the Prospector (Played by Kelsey Grammar) talking to the twin Barbie Dolls... "So you two are absolutely identical? You know I'm sure I can get you a part in Toy Story 3..."
3) The moment of WALL-E coming back to his regular self after EVA fixes him on Earth. The happiness my 3 year old son had made that scene so much more worth it. (I loved it too!)
4) I love the many adult jokes that go un-noticed by the kids. When Buzz is first introduced, Mr Potato Head is shown using his own lips in an "ass kissing" motion.
5) The trailer for Toy Story 3 shows Mr and Mrs Potato Head carrying a chalk board. Halfway across the screen, his back hideaway panel opens, and he gripes "Great, I just threw my back out!"
6) In the Incredibles, the first time Mr Incredible is sent to the island, and is launched out of the plane. His large belly gets in the way, and it takes him multiple times before he gets out.
7) I think the one thing Pixar does that is always clever to do, is put a reference to their other movies in each one. Since Toy Story was their first movie, they referenced Disney Movies. There was a Mickey Mouse Watch clock on the wall in Andy's room!
8) During the chase scene in Toy Story, they show a view from inside the minivan. Of course, the music playing is "Hakuna Matata".
9) In Cars, the best scene (there are too many to choose from in this one) is when Lightning McQueen rushes to Flo's gas station and tells everyone that Doc was a Piston Cup winner. At that point Mater spits out the oil he is drinking and blurts out "He did what in his cup?"
10) The perfect casting of voice talent by Pixar never ceases to amaze me. For example: Jeremy Piven being cast as McQueen's agent. Playing into his role on "Entourage" was so easy to see!
11) Speaking of casting, how about John Ratzenberger? He is Pixar's 'Lucky Charm', appearing in EVERY movie they have made! For those asking, he was the "Underminer" in The Incredibles.
12) The moment in Finding Nemo when you choked up. Dory is asking Marlin not to leave her, cause when she looks at him "I'm home". Every damn time I watch that movie i choke up.
13) This one takes a bit of explaining. I was sick home with bronchitis, and coughing up a storm. My wife and I were only dating at this poi nt, and she was down at her parents house, and she called to see what I was doing. I was watching the Out-takes from Toy Story 2, and the moment when Wheezy tries to catch Mr Microphone's mic. "Oh, Mr Microphone, are you ok? Did I damage you equipment? You gotta throw it to my flipper here, I can't reach very well!" I was on the phone with her, and started laughing so hard and coughing that it was hard to stop. She always references to this when we are talking about funny points in our lives. Anyone who has seen this scene, knows just what I am talking about!